InAlliance is a community based non-profit organization serving adults with developmental disabilities and traumatic brain injury. Our goal is to help adults learn living skills that will help them live a more independent life.
Are you great at helping teach others new skills? Do you have a great sense of humor? This may be the perfect job for you!!
We are looking for an enthusiastic & self-motivated Independent Living Facilitator (ILF) to become our ILF-FLOATER.
The ILF-Floater’s primary duties are to provide temporary and or urgent shift coverage in participants’ homes. The ILF-Floater will train in each participant’s home and will retrain as needed. The duties in each home depend on the needs and preference of the participant and may include physical assistance, verbal prompts, and other necessary supports to perform essential daily activities in the most normalized fashion possible.
Depending upon the needs and preferences of the Participant, the ILF may support and institute the Participant in any, or all, of the following activities. Support is defined as planning for, providing physical assists, verbal prompts, or introducing any accommodations or compensatory services necessary for the Participant to perform the task as independently, and in as normalized a fashion as possible. The ILF may work with two or more Participants at a time, and may be directed to support other Participants at the case manager's discretion.
- Participating in community environments as preferred by the participant
- Building natural supports and connections with neighbors, friends and local associations
- Meal preparation
- Grocery shopping
- Housekeeping and yard work
- Budgeting and paying bills
- Pursuing leisure preferences
- Monitoring health and medical
- Medication monitoring
- Attending religious services
- Personal care (i.e. toileting, bathing, feeding, etc.)
- Implementation of behavioral intervention strategies
- Required documentation (i.e. journal entries)
- Attend in-service opportunities and training workshops as directed
- Maintain CPR/first aid certification
- Crisis Prevention & Intervention Certification Required.
- Other duties as assigned